‘Money makes the mare go’ is the most popular saying of this materialistic world. “Money is like sea-water. The more we drink the thirstier we become”, said Arthur Schopenhauer, a German philosopher. Everybody in this world craves to have it more. In Vaastu Shastra, North is the direction for money and riches and Lord Kubera is the lord of this direction who has a golden spear in his right hand and a golden pot in his left hand containing gold and precious stones. So, one may have good amount of affluence by looking after and activating the North direction.
In Astrology, North direction is represented by the planet Mercury which signifies accounts, mathematics, trade & profession, speech and intelligence greatly needed to earn money. So, one may improve one’s riches by propitiating Mercury with chanting of right kind of mantras and doing other remedial things.
In the same way, the North direction of a house is responsible for career and business luck in Feng-Shui. The ups and downs in the business or the career of a person determine the amount of riches he/she would have in his/her life. So, keeping this sector always energized is important for financial growth.
As per the Science of Numerology, the North direction is very auspicious for the persons born on the 5th, 14th, 23rd in any month, but more particularly so when these dates occur from the 21st May to 27th June, and from the 21st August to 27th September.
One can protect and activate the northeast direction by adopting the following ways:
· Keep the north direction as clean and clutter-free as possible.
· A kitchen in the north is never advisable.
· One should never sleep having one’s head towards the North as it affects the health badly.
· Balconies should ideally be in the North and East. Open grills and railings are good for balconies.
· Have more doors and windows in the northern and eastern parts of a house.
· The main door of a house in the northern direction leads to progress.
· The drawing room or living room should be in the north.
· The doors of the cupboard or the safe, where all the valuables or wealth related documents are kept, should open towards the North for safety and stability of them.
· It’s favorable to position photos or paintings of deities on the walls in the north, northeast or eastern sides.
· Students should study facing the North or East for better results.
· Place small water features like an aquarium in North to energize this sector.
One may gain and increase one’s material comforts by following these simple Vaastu, Feng-Shui and Astrological principles and make life more comfortable.
© Gulab Jain, 19th October, 2012
Posted from Media, Pennsylvania (USA)