After marriage, a family is considered complete only after the birth of the child. In earlier times, if a woman was unable to conceive after marriage, she was cursed for not giving a successor to the family. However, things have changed over time, and educated couples understand the problems related to progeny and take medical help to solve these problems. But, if all the medical treatments prove futile and there is a failure in conception, then one ought to take astrological advice to overcome the progeny problem.
As per Vedic astrology, fifth house in a horoscope of the native represents progeny and relationship with the children. So, an analysis of husband and wife’s horoscope is essential to find why there is delay in the birth of a child, or it is a case of childlessness. Apart from this, the Venus is seen for the strength of sperms or vitality in men and the Mars is seen for eggs in women. The reproductive organs are judged from Venus and 7th house in case of both men and women’s horoscope.
Rishi Parashara has ascribed in Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra the following combinations responsible for progeny problems that have to be seen from the horoscopes of husband and wife:
· An analysis of the fifth house and its association with malefic and the benefic planets has to be made. The 5th lord if aspected with the beneficial planet blesses the couple with a child. On the other hand, an afflicted 5th lord, combust, malefic and retrograde aspected by another malefic planet, results in a childbirth delay.
· In case of conjunction of lagna lord with Mars, the husband will lose his first child and his wife would not be fertile to yield offspring again.
· The position of 5th lord in the 6th, 8th or 12th house or in an inimical rashi, the couple will have issues with difficulty.
· Presence of debilitated or retrograde planets in the 5th house indicates serious troubles during pregnancy.
· In the wife’s horoscope, 5th house and 5th lord is impotant because it defines her progeny, family and husband. The presence of 5th lord in the 12th house is not favourable because the 12th house in the horoscope denotes only wastage, expenditure and sorrow.
· The placement of Jupiter and aspect of Saturn on the 5th house along with the Mars and Mercury delays the childbirth because Saturn is a malefic and slow planet.
· The presence of Keu in the 5th house and placement of 5th lord with Venus aspected by Jupiter delays the childbith; but no denial is there.
A few other factors, mentioned below, are also responsible for early/delayed/difficult childbirth:
· The 5th house and its lord is studied in rashi, navamsa and saptamsha chart for the promise of early or delayed childbirth.
· The benefic planets influencing the 5th house/lord give early childbirth. The strong Jupiter and 5th house from it also promise an early childbirth.
· The timely dasha of Jupiter, 5th lord, 9th lord or lagna lord is helpful for early childbirth.
· When the 5th lord is in the 8th with the 8th lord, there will be death of children or abortions to wife.
· If the 5th lord is afflicted in the first house, there will be no issue.
· If the fifth lord is disposed in the third house unfavorably, there will be loss of children.
· The fifth lord, afflicted in the fourth house, causes death of children.
· Fifth lord, if afflicted in the fifth house, children may die.
· If the fifth lord is afflicted in the sixth house, issues will not be born and the native may have to adopt one from maternal uncle's line.
· Children will die early if the lord of the fifth occupies 3,6 or 12 and is aspected by no benefic; when the lord of the fifth is hemmed in between malefics; when the fifth is aspected by a malefic or the lord of the fifth joins an evil planet.
· The Sun in the fifth house deprives the person of children. This position also denotes difficult childbirth.
· If Mars is in fifth house of woman's chart, dangerous childbirth may be predicted
· There will be loss of children if Rahu or Ketu is in fifth house.
Thus, we see that in case of progeny problems, the couple should seek the advice of an expert and knowledgeable astrologer; if no medical treatment is helpful. Besides, as per Vedic Astrology, chanting of Santan Gopala Mantra by the couple is very helpful in pacifying the evil effects of malefic planets and getting blessed with the birth of the baby.
© Gulab Jain
April 19, 2018
Posted from Bangalore (Karnataka) INDIA