The East direction is considered auspicious in Vaastu Shastra because the Sun rises in the East. Since time immemorial, people have been worshipping the Sun as God because it is the main source of energy and gives us heat and light- the essence for the survival of human beings on earth. It’s been scientifically proved that the morning sunrays, enriched with ultra-violet rays, induce the production of vitamin D in the skin and have regulatory roles in calcium metabolism, cell proliferation, insulin secretion and blood pressure.
In Astrology, East direction is represented by the planet Sun. So, one may improve one’s health and vitality by propitiating Sun with chanting of right kind of mantras and doing other remedial things.
In the same way, East is responsible for the peace and harmony in family life and the happiness of marriage in Feng-Shui.
As per the Science of Numerology, the East direction is very auspicious for the persons born on the 1st, 10th, 19th or 28th in any month, but more particularly so when these dates occur from the 21st July to 28th August, and from the 21st March to 28th April.
One can protect and activate the East direction by adopting the following ways:
· Keep the East direction as clean and clutter-free as possible.
· Never have high rise walls in this area.
· The parapet or the compound wall in the East should be lower than in the South and the West.
· Avoid a kitchen, toilet or a staircase in the East that block the sunlight or cast a shadow in this sector.
· Never start a quarrel in this direction as this is the Feng-Shui family area and it should be regularly cleaned in order that it may attract more positive energy and remain active and energized.
· Relations may be improved between the relatives or the spouse by decorating the family area with a picture of the happy family, or a picture of the happy couple.
· Decorate this area with paired objects to boost the love and harmony amongst the family members.
· The main doors and windows of a house should face the East.
· The persons who live in houses facing the East direction are bestowed with good progeny and all material comforts of life.
· The location of the main door in the East brings in prosperity.
· If possible, keep maximum open space, the entrance and living room with large windows in this direction to gain auspicious results.
· Students should study facing the East to get better results.
One may be blessed with health, harmony and happiness by following these simple Vaastu & Feng-Shui principles and make life more valuable.
© Gulab Jain, 10th October, 2012
Posted from Media, Pennsylvania (USA)