In Vaastu Shastra, North-West direction is believed to be ruled by Vayudev. Hence, this direction is also called as Vayavya direction. One may reap lots of benefits by not doing the prohibited tasks in the North-West and following the principles of Vaastu Shastra.
In Astrology, North-West direction is said to be occupied by the planet Moon which, besides other things, signifies mind, mother, house and domestic comforts. So, one may get benefitted on these fronts by propitiating Moon with chanting of right kind of mantras and doing other remedial things. Further, North-West direction is generally auspicious for the people having Aries as their Ascendant sign, since Moon, being the lord of the fourth house, mostly confers benefic results on them.
In Feng-Shui, North-West direction rules our mentors who, at various stages of our life, provide us support and guidance for the advancement of our careers. Therefore, keeping this sector always energized is important for achieving the desired success in life.
As per the Science of Numerology, the North- West direction is favorable for the persons born on the 2nd , 11th, 20th or 29th in any month, but more particularly so when these dates occur from the 20th June to 27th July.
One may protect and activate the North-West direction by adopting the following ways:
· Children’s room should be located in the North-West or alternatively in the south-east part of the house.
· It is advisable to have the guest-room in the North-West corner of the house or, alternatively, along the north-east side.
· Bathrooms and toilets should be located in the North-West or west.
· The store room is also ideal in this direction.
· If it is not feasible to locate the kitchen in the south-east corner of the main building or flat, the next best location is the North-West corner.
· Flowering and medicinal plants should ideally be grown in the North-West, east, north-east or northern parts of the plot.
· The garage should be built in the North-West or alternatively south-east corner.
· The finished product in a shop or factory should be kept in this direction as it would help quick movement of the stock.
· The main door in the northern part of the North-West leads to instability.
· Depression in North-West direction causes enmity and litigation.
One may gain and increase one’s material comforts by following these simple Vaastu, Feng-Shui and Astrological principles and make life more calm and contented.
© Gulab Jain, March 11, 2013
Posted from Bangalore (India)